Saturday, February 1, 2014

Itinerary: Western Europe in 15 Days

High up in the Monserrat Monastery in Spain

I've been meaning to pick up where I left off eons ago, with my previous series of posts. But it dawned on me that the relevant photos are in my external hard drive and there's no way I can read it using my tablet. Before I can settle this predicament, hopefully in a matter of days, I'm starting a kick off post about my fleeting Euro trip that I wish, had lasted forever. You know what they say. All good things come to an end.

Anyway. I seriously have no idea how to go about this because I could write forever, detailing even to the tiniest bit. But I guess that would be a little too much. Even my old self someday, would not appreciate.

So here it goes.


Oct 11-12, 2013
Singapore to Paris with layover in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
(Evening flight and early morning in Paris)

Already quite giddy in KLIA.

Oct 12-13, 2013
Paris, France
(2 Days and an overnight train to Barcelona)

Panoramic View of Paris on top of Tour Montparnasse

Oct 14-17, 2013
Barcelona, Spain
(3.5 Days and a day flight to Rome)

Panoramic View of Barcelona on top of Parc Guell

Oct 17-19, 2013
Rome, Italy
(3 Days and an early morning flight to Amsterdam)

Rome at a glance on top of the Palatine Hill

Oct 20-22, 2013
Amsterdam, Netherlands
(2.5 days and a noon train ride to Cologne)

So Amsterdam-y (Am I even allowed to say this? Oopsie!)

Oct 22-23, 2013
Cologne, Germany
(1.5 Days and a noon train ride to Brussels)

Panoramic View of Cologne on top of the Koln Triangle

Oct 23-24, 2013
Brussels, Belgium
(1 Day and early morning train back to Paris)

Chocolaty high in Brussels!

Oct 24-26, 2013
Paris, France
(2.5 Days and a long haul flight back to Asia)

Soaking up the lovely Chateau de Versailles

I am not gonna nitpick if the total number of days in each country will actually add up to 15 days because I'm not on OC mode at this moment. If you find yourself shaking your head, it's much easier if you consult a calendar, by the way.

In coming up with this list of countries, I never searched for an existing itinerary online. (I am stubborn like that.) What I did was check on Google map and assess which countries are feasible without literally running around, catching trains or planes. A leeway that could let me breathe was not something I can bargain. (I am lazy like that as well.)

And yeah, this was not on package tour as you might have realized by now. I go about on impulse as long as my age will let me. A toast for that, shall we?

P.S. If my mind continues to align of being generous on details, my next post about this trip might be on how I moved forward with my planning, out from this list of countries. Ta-ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment